BROFORCE Beta Update 7 October 2014
- You can now share levels and update previously published levels on Workshop
- Automated GIF generation of all levels posted to Workshop
- Improved custom level browsing
- New triggers available for scripting level success, failure, victory and defeat
- Character commands - you can now script enemies' behaviour
- Enable / disable triggers with trigger actions
- Mass doodad replacement tool and doodad filter
- All Expendabros content integrated including saw blades, gun walls, new forest theme and female villagers!
- World Map, Explosion Run, Race Mode and Custom Campaigns now available for online!
- Improved lobby for finding and joining games (note: Online Explosion Run and Custom Campaigns are buggy, we're working hard to improve the experience!)
- Replaced networking backend with Steam P2P API for improved player connectivity
- You can now invite Steam friends to join your game
- The Brode
- Bro Max
- New levels!
- New enemy - Bazooka Mook
- All new foliage with deeper, thicker jungle
TWEAKS & FIXES
- Hold melee to throw an enemy
- Thrown / blasted mooks can now bounce off others
- Flashbangs affect vehicles
- Fixed trucks blocking flashbacks
- Villagers are smarter
- Spikes are not broken anymore
- Cherry Broling is slightly stronger
- Cherry Broling reins death from above
- Colonel James Brodock is an unstoppable grenade spewing machine
- Massive ingame bronouncer and mook sounds overhaul, now with 100% less copyright infringement
- A bunch of tweaks and fixes, including:
- ▪ Made GR-13 jump back correctly
▪ Fixed Boondock Bros avatar showing incorrectly for a second
▪ F12 now toggles HUD (rather than just hide it)
▪ Fixed Windows in City (and elsewhere) breaking after a radio tower start.
▪ More Agressive/Less Forgetful Mookopter
▪ Fixed Bombardment Flashes getting stuck during Time Bro Motion
▪ Improved Camera Trigger Actions
▪ Fix Dual Shock 3 controllers crashing on Macs (thanks Unity!)
▪ MANY fixes related to Macs and startup
▪ Fixed lack of propane momentum when stepping off propane tanks
▪ Improved Z ordering of background foliage
▪ A lot of work on the announcer voice
▪ Made muzzle flashes stick to guns
▪ 5% faster mook reaction times
▪ Scriptable enemies in Level Editor WORK IN PROGRESS!
▪ Ellen Ripbro's plasma damages terrain more
▪ Broniversal Soldier has a higher rate of fire for his primary weapon
▪ Villagers 2.0
▪ Bros can stand on mook parachutes.
- ▪ Made GR-13 jump back correctly
- Meet Brominator and his zombie super soldiers. Reanimate friends and foes! Democracy will find you even cowering in your grave.
- Time Bro. He literally...stops....time.
- Rideable armoured mooks. Turn the tools of terror into tools of Freedom.
- Indiana Brones re-work.
- Save custom levels after playing them.
- Additive load in the level editor lets you combine campaigns you've created.
- Mammoth Kopter boss is slightly less soul destroying.
- CAMPAIGN MAP: We've developed a way to deliver intel on new liberation-ready locations for BROFORCE to fly to in their freedom chopper. We now provide a visualization of the globalization of your democratization!
- Still very rough and feedback appreciated!
- BROFORCE is now live on Steam Early Access!
- Squishier sounding swine
- Ripbro bursts out of the chest of terror in a spray of liberty, joining the Broforce team
- Optimized bandwidth consumption
- Improved text input fields
- Fixed in-game chat
- Fixed bug where first level is always out of sync in online
- Added 'join request' notification to online join screen
- Improved helicopter mini boss synchronisation
- Fixed a bunch of other stuff, like control set up
- Terrorists feel pain
- Fixed bro swapping bug (limiting players to Rambro only)
- Fixed key binding menu
- IMPORTANT NOTICE: All saves are going to be lost with this update, in preparation for Steam Cloud. We've had to change the way saves are saved for Steam, but the new saving system will be compatible with all future versions so this is a once-off event.New competitive mode available: RACE MODE!
- Improved knife climbing animation
- The GR-13 boss gets confused less easily
- No more floating barrels when removing the bottom of a barrel pile
- Gamepads working on OSX now
- Pause screen issue on OSX fixed
- You can now continue on custom levels
- City helicopter boss intro shortened after first time
- New bro types chosen less arbitrarily
- Mr Anderbro hand trails during dashes fixed
- Small improvements to online campaign browser
- New network layer now peer to peer (no more port forwarding issues)
What will eventually be the flying-to-a-new-campaign transition, once there is a level select screen, appears a couple of times in the main campaign.
There are now backflips in the game for every bro, but the controls need some more tweaking
Dredd's rocket that was travelling through walls.
Bronan and Brochete now carry their special ammo across lives in Deathmatch (like the other bros)
The Deathmatch helicopter doesn't go through the ground, and now takes damage properly (like it used to)
The graphics and sound for Bro in Black's noisy cricket
Grenadiers now throw grenades much sooner
Grenade warning flashes are a little bigger
Ladders collapse in Deathmatch
There are more objects that glow in night time scenes
The slow motion effects on bro deaths in Deathmatch now only happen on the last death
Online Multiplayer has more networking stability and intelligence.
Fixed bug that caused major performance issues on larger stages
Updated Burning Jungle theme to use new tilesets
Included actual burning trees from the new tilesets
- Improved online Time Synchronization.
- Lobby now lists games hosted by players with older builds, but players with new versions cannot join them.
- Fixed some map loading issues in online multiplayer
- Fixed Night Time city tileset
- Set Stormy Night as default city weather.
- NEW BROS!
- Bronan the Brobarian: A brute force, sword weilding hurricane of destruction and grunting. YAAAURNG!!!
- Brochete: Create a suicide bomber kebab for an all-American barbecue.
- Helicopter Megaboss: Dropping a carpet of death while levelling floor by floor, building by building, to bring you down. (And, by the way, its bullet proof.)
- ONLINE MULTIPLAYER!
- This is the first big test of the system so expect a LOT of improvements/growing pains to come. We'll keep you updated on patches, please bear with us!
- AND MORE!
- New City look: Now in dusky orange and night time blue
- Coconuts: With enhanced deadliness
- Ziplines: For getting to the action faster
- The Boondock Bros: There are two of them, but that does also mean twice the amount of bodies to catch bullets with.
- GR13 Universal Soldier: A zombiefied-super-soldier addicted to super-soldier-regenerating-serum.
- Villagers take up arms: Introducing village huts and villagers, who can be given guns to help fight the good fight against terror.
- Super-size me dogs: Dogs feeding on corpses now gives them super strength.
- Dynamic weather effects: Be prepared for anything with new weather changing effects. Day/night cycles coming soon.
- Armoured Mooks: The terrorists have welded themselves inside two-ton suits of metal to become impervious to bullets. An effective plan, unless they try to, say, stand up.
- Drilling-Mook-Depositors: Drills that eat through the earth and deposit mooks on the surface.
- Reactive trees: Feel the power of your explosives on the environment as you detonate explosives near trees and watch them shake and quiver.
- Various bug fixes
- New avatars!