BROFORCE Beta Update 7 April 2014
BROFORCE is now live on Steam Early Access!Squishier sounding swineRipbro bursts out of the chest of terror in a spray of liberty, joining the Broforce team
- Optimized bandwidth consumption
- Improved text input fields
- Fixed in-game chat
- Fixed bug where first level is always out of sync in online
- Added 'join request' notification to online join screen
- Improved helicopter mini boss synchronisation
- Fixed a bunch of other stuff, like control set up
- Terrorists feel pain
- Fixed bro swapping bug (limiting players to Rambro only)
- Fixed key binding menu
- IMPORTANT NOTICE: All saves are going to be lost with this update, in preparation for Steam Cloud. We've had to change the way saves are saved for Steam, but the new saving system will be compatible with all future versions so this is a once-off event.New competitive mode available: RACE MODE!
- Improved knife climbing animation
- The GR-13 boss gets confused less easily
- No more floating barrels when removing the bottom of a barrel pile
- Gamepads working on OSX now
- Pause screen issue on OSX fixed
- You can now continue on custom levels
- City helicopter boss intro shortened after first time
- New bro types chosen less arbitrarily
- Mr Anderbro hand trails during dashes fixed
- Small improvements to online campaign browser
- New network layer now peer to peer (no more port forwarding issues)
What will eventually be the flying-to-a-new-campaign transition, once there is a level select screen, appears a couple of times in the main campaign.
There are now backflips in the game for every bro, but the controls need some more tweaking
Dredd's rocket that was travelling through walls.
Bronan and Brochete now carry their special ammo across lives in Deathmatch (like the other bros)
The Deathmatch helicopter doesn't go through the ground, and now takes damage properly (like it used to)
The graphics and sound for Bro in Black's noisy cricket
Grenadiers now throw grenades much sooner
Grenade warning flashes are a little bigger
Ladders collapse in Deathmatch
There are more objects that glow in night time scenes
The slow motion effects on bro deaths in Deathmatch now only happen on the last death
Online Multiplayer has more networking stability and intelligence.
Fixed bug that caused major performance issues on larger stages
Updated Burning Jungle theme to use new tilesets
Included actual burning trees from the new tilesets
- NEW BROS!
- Bronan the Brobarian: A brute force, sword weilding hurricane of destruction and grunting. YAAAURNG!!!
- Brochete: Create a suicide bomber kebab for an all-American barbecue.
- Helicopter Megaboss: Dropping a carpet of death while levelling floor by floor, building by building, to bring you down. (And, by the way, its bullet proof.)
- ONLINE MULTIPLAYER!
- This is the first big test of the system so expect a LOT of improvements/growing pains to come. We'll keep you updated on patches, please bear with us!
- AND MORE!
- New City look: Now in dusky orange and night time blue
- Coconuts: With enhanced deadliness
- Ziplines: For getting to the action faster