The freedom loving developer Free Lives and their democratically elected publisher Devolver Digital have announced that international sensation Broforce will shed its Early Access shackles and proceed with Operation Full Release on October 15. The full launch of America’s favorite freedom simulator will include a new set of challenging campaign missions as the bros charge into Satan’s stronghold for a final confrontation in hell with the dark lord himself!
To celebrate this forthcoming triumph of electronic entertainment, Free Lives and Broforce musician Deon van Heerden have released the ultra patriotic Freedom EP – a five-track album of Broforce music including The Ballad of Rambro and the Broforce Theme. The Freedom EP is free as a thank you to Broforce Early Access owners from now until launch on October 15 after which it will be prohibitively expensive but that’s capitalism for you. Get it now for free on Steam and crank it at home, in the car, or during a hostage situation
“Broforce is the culmination of decades of American military superiority distilled into one sweet
ass motherfucking video game,” said US Department of Defense Secretary Ashton Carter. “It’s
even got versus mode and online co-op, bro.”
Broforce started it’s campaign of shock and awesome as a game jam entry in 2012 before
invading Steam Early Access in 2014 where it became one of the highest user rated games
ever. Over the past year and half, developer Free Lives have added a dozen unique bros,
scores of new campaign missions, a full blown level editor, and untold improvements that would
have made our founding fathers proud.
Broforce is available now on Steam Early Access and is set to arrive on PlayStation 4 early next
year but probably won’t make it to Dreamcast. Follow future updates on Broforce on Twitter
@Free_Lives and @DevolverDigital and visit broforcegame.com if you love websites about
Join us for a unique insight into the final days of making Broforce!
"Road to Freedom is the new series that presents a tell-all depiction of independent game development. Set during the final days of Broforce's 3 year development, Road to Freedom provides a frank look into the lives of the people behind the bromance, and delivers their stories in ways as hard-hitting and explosive as Broforce itself."
Episode 1: The stage is set by introducing the 11 woman and men working on the home stretch of Broforce. These are their stories:
Episode 2: Join us for the second installment of Broforce: Road to Freedom! - the series where we chronicle the final days of the development of Broforce, and the stories of the women and men fighting to make it happen. This time we're looking at time! There is none! Broforce is going out to the press in a short *unspecified number* of days. How will the Free Lives team handle the pressure? Only time will tell!
Follow our YouTube channel, F R E E L I V E S, to catch the next episode coming soon!
There's a strange rumour spreading throughout the ranks of enemy mooks...of a whispered phrase heard just before death is delivered...
"This is from Matilda..."
Backed up by Brotilda's deadly sniper rifle and with a sneaky melee attack like no other, the Brofessional joins the Broforce team!
DEATH MATCH UPGRADE!
Death Match levels are now able to be published, played and rated via the Steam Workshop.
▪ FNET now smarter at switching between relay server and P2P.
▪ Cutscenes no longer cause terrain not to be destroyed.
▪ Bros now invulnerable for the entire cutscene.
▪ Reduced character popping and teleporting.
▪ Reduced ping spikes when loading the next level.
BUG FIXES & TWEAKS!
▪ Brute got new head and more death frames.
▪ Machines now show damage state before stun wears off.
▪ Improved mook walk cycle.
▪ Brute is now less susceptible to falling damage.
▪ Special death frames on grenadier fixed.
▪ Mech no loner dissapears when flexing.
▪ Added explosion range indicator to explosions that it was missing on.
▪ Megacockter boss no longer keeps going up without you if you drop down without getting shot.
▪ Boss intro screens. Fixed bug getting stuck on intro screen if exiting to menu during intro.
▪ Melee damage works better against terrain bosses.
▪ Banelings no longer makes almost never-ending screech sound when stabbed by Brodator's spear.
▪ The Brode, Mr. Anderbro no longer grow third arms on ziplines.
▪ Bro Dredd's taser is less loud.
▪ Fixed bros falling off ladder when knifing/melee'ing.
▪ Combat Flexing with Bro Max no longer turns him invisible.
▪ Fixed Rambro and Brocketeer falling off ladder when firing.
▪ Scout mook death animations added for Double Bro 7 and Brochete melee attacks.
▪ Brodator spearing enemy against mech no longer makes spear float.
LEVEL EDITOR, ONLINE & UI
▪ Boulders now place blocks on the map for pathfinding.
▪ Fixed bug preventing exit of World Map on controller.
▪ Crates now place themselves on the map (confusing aliens less).
▪ Scouts are now more interested in switches.
FREEDOM UPDATE EXTENSION!
As promised in our July 4th announcement, here is the second installment to the Freedom Update!
New and improved alien levels
New and improved alien enemies and traps
Massive new intro screens for most of the boss fights
And a few minor bug fixes.
Mr Anderbro running for his life through giant alien freedom crushers:
BA Broracus falling into a hole and fighting some flying alien terror beasts:
Rambro setting off some alien traps:
As always, let us know what you think. We hope you enjoy the new features and forgive us for the new bugs.
BROFORCE FLEXES FREEDOM MUSCLES FOR JULY 4TH!
As Americans all around the world celebrate their freedom, we have dropped the mother of all Broforce updates in celebration of the Fourth of July. The latest update introduces two new ultra patriotic bros, new democracy-spreading melee attacks, and the ultimate expression of the United State’s military might – combat flexing!
PSSSSST: Check back again in a few days, there is going to be a second installment to this update with some new levels!
A jet-packed hero from the golden age of bros, with a devastating dive bomb move!
The Scottish-American hero of legend whose "FREEDOMMMMM!" yell strikes fear into the heart of all that stand in his way!
Dispense liberty for all with a well placed roundhouse kick or organ punch and let freedom ring with the visually impressive and always lethal chainsaw to the face.
No assault on terror would be complete without an impressive display of the bros' raw power, so we've introduced a new "flexing" feature. Now you and your bros can cease-fire, flex your biceps in the face of evil, and exercise your right to bear arms so thick your shirts tear in half.
Bug Fixes & Tweaks
▪ Xenomorph tumble animation added.
▪ Fixed opening Sandworm chomping animation having leftover green pixel in one of the frames.
▪ Fixed stunned tanks not destroying their turrets until the stun wears off.
▪ In Campaign City Level fixed ad board being half obscured by background and covered part still acting like a platform.
▪ Corrected zipline dismounting with a backwards force when climbing up.
▪ Corrected zipline entering from dismounting you immediately when entering near the start.
▪ Removed sparks on stationary zipline.
▪ Fixed cutscene issue on Dolph Boss.
▪ Fixed Ripbro displaying at end level "deaths list" instead of Cherry.
▪ Fixed character sprite turning invisible during fights in some instances (Mac).
▪ Fixed Browilliams getting killed by Brute when using his rage special.
▪ Stopped Browilliams from getting into cutscenes when using his special.
▪ Melee bros less susceptible to alien insemination.
▪ Fixed Bro Dredd's bullets seeking alien eggs already destroyed.
▪ Fixed some bros growing a third arm when on ziplines.
▪ Disabled Mr Anderbro's dash when melted.
▪ Fixed acid covered bro sporting Rambro's headband on sprite.
LEVEL EDITOR, ONLINE & UI
▪ Fixed quick trigger cage that drops
▪ Fixed quick trigger spawning in a caged bro
▪ Greatly improved variable triggers in the level editor.
▪ Made the sign post doodad properties box accept "Enter" to make a new line.
▪ Fixed big boulder doodads (1) placement from destroying the ground during edit mode.
▪ Fixed "Play published levels offline" hanging at the level end screen.
▪ Added master and music volume controls in options.
Terror is strong and unyielding. So, then, must Broforce become stronger, better at kicking ass and the best at rubbing it in their faces.
Peel your eyes back for this months' update! We've got testosterone (and quite possibly steroid) fueled bro art, improvements to Cherry Broling, gestures behind enemy lines and a fixed bug list that the declaration of independence would be proud of!
Cherry Broling. We're trying some changes. The number of people who have disliked her design has been kind of overwhelming. So we want to make her more versatile, such that the people who hate her might hate her less, while keeping what is awesome about her intact. Basically we're adding the ability for her to shoot forward while holding still and crouching. Much like in the movie itself:
Dawid has been creating awesome bro unlock screen avatars:
Coming soon, the most badass gestures imaginable!
The long one is the fixed list. And it scrolls.
*No animation frames for screamer getting speared.
*Spears do no damage to mook truck.
*If someone gets melted while there's a facehugger on 007s head, the facehugger still floats.
*Fixed about-to-explode grenades not panicking mooks.
*Acid drops from eggs on mech mook simply stopped against my armor and stayed there without dispersing, pushing downwards and accumulating with each new drop.
*No big dog spear animation.
*Mooks killed by brochete knives and spears sometimes end up dead in first layer of terrain.
*Buzz saw glitch where body parts stick to it and then start growing.
*Satchels and grenades should instantly explode when touching sawblades.
*Flame Wave vs Rockets.
*Satchel Packs vs Rockets.
*Bro max boomerang when unmoving on purple alien terrain makes green blood fountain.
*Boulders don't place themselves on the grid, and so fuck with alien movement.
*Boulders don't get disturbed when you shoot them.
*Fixed sawblade turrets hurting themselves when dropping sawblades right above the ground.
*City poles under bridges can be shot.
*Poles don't collapse bridges when they fall now (at the start of the first helicopter boss level).
*City billboards collapse/disappear when the ground under them dies.
*Sign Posts have their text/background obscured sometimes.
*Seagulls sometimes fly super fast (especially at start of level when disturbed by truck?).
*Propane tanks do no disturb boxes above them any more (when shooting sideway, they disturb them when the propane tank explodes).
*Ammo pickups don't float inside sand worms (they fall through them).
*Colour overlay issues.
*Goliath mech falls and dies when far off screen.
*Bug in Swiss Army Knife boss... His sides have no health (and die almost instantly).
*Helicopter boss, music stops playing when copter starts chasing you across (moving right).
*Helicopter boss shake is out of whack.
*Brodator: After charged spear is thrown, his frame stays as if he were still charging a spear. i.e. he doesnt equip another spear and go to neutral.
*Brode's special on the xenomorphs - they don't get punched away like other enemies. Xenos end up killing Brode before explosion.
*Indie, McBrover & Brodock vs saw blades.
*Ash now displays in burning jungle levels (was mostly invisible for a while).
*Indie whip must make worms go owweeee.
*Fixed Boomerang instantly being collected when it hits an enemy right next to Bro Max.
*One martini makes 007 sway.
*Brodator wins against universal soldier boss when special activates.
*Boomerang picked up by other bros (and respawned Bro Max).
*Brodator skinning: normal mooks after being speared. If you skin them they hang with tumble sprite.
*Predabro skinning: has no sprite for scout mooks.
*Fixed bug with bro corpses being able to pickup ammo, as well as long dead bro corpses continually activating check points (and forcing bros to revive at that checkpoint).
*Created and fixed bug with not being able to run after exiting a ladder.
*Boondock bros: when dad dies, the brothers remain red.
*Brobocop special vs sandworms.
*Neuralizer doesn't affect sandworms (hidden target objects needed, like for Brobocop).
*Missing acid frames for Mr Anderbro and Double Bro Seven.
*Added some post-effects options to the level editor. Very rough, but level builders can make their levels look more like the Broforce trailers (in theory).
*Improved rendering time slightly. Most objects were being rendered twice.
*The announcer announces the last bro unlocked at the start of the level if the no new rescues have been made.
*Xenomorph sounds a little less sharp in the mix.
HUMBLE BETA TESTERS
We're developing an alternative network solution for non-steam users to play online. If you're on Humble, we need you! If you realistically have time to test and give consistent feedback for online play, then send an email through our contact form with the subject: Make me a Humble BETA Tester!
Thanks Bros, we really appreciate it!
A small update this month, with tons of bug fixes, and an awesome new bro.
You may have noticed a quietening down from us in terms of development news updates. This is a trend that will continue for the next month or two, because we are working on something big for you guys that we're keeping a surprise for launch! So please bear with us and know that we're as hard at work as always, we just have less to show you while most of the team is focused on the epic new thing we can't discuss ;)
He might be an ugly son of a b*tch, but the enemy of the enemy of Freedom is a friend.
Terror is the ultimate prey for the ultimate hunter.
OTHER NEW STUFF:
You can now create GIFS easily in game by pressing "Ctrl-Shift-G". Move the box over what you want to record, press "G" to begin recording and "G" to stop recording.
BUG FIXES & TWEAKS!
* Fixed Xenomorph death frame that was too large & obscured Xenos in front and behind.
* Stunned facehuggers from eggs that get destroyed are less weird.
* Fixed Xenomorph kill zone being too large when attacking.
* Fixed Melters in level complete death tally, just explode, leaving no green blood.
* Fixed the delay between hearing a sound and aliens investigating being slightly too long.
* Fixed 2 tiles xenomorphs standing on a vertical 1 tile block
* Stunned Facehuggers didn't affect other enemies (making the stunning less fun/less effective).
* Made thrown mooks temporarily catch mook bullets...
* Fixed squishy alien bouncing terrain: when shot, it didn't have the rounded edges, showed as basic squares.
* Made a version of alien doors that spawns melters.
* Fixed alien doors.
* Fixed small falling boulder floating after landing on diagonal descending elevator.
* Made running while in acid break cages.
* Fixed delay before respawning and swinging camera away to come back. (The camera instantly moved to newly spawned bro now, you couldn't tell how you died sometimes).
* Alien music slightly louder.
* Made blood a bit more wet looking.
* Fixed Mammoth tank boss showing health incorrectly.
* Fixed death screen for original giant sandworm when killed with bullets.
* Bronan's special now drops through zip lines.
* Gave Mr Anderbro a melting animation.
* Fixed Double Bro 7's facehugger death.
* Fixed Boondock Bros issue on Mech.
* Fixed Double Bro 7 bug when he dies while using the watch and the buzzing noise goes on until you reach the next level.
* Bros can no longer use their specials while being melted by acid.
* Fixed Bronan's bug when using special and landing on a bed of spikes.
* Indi's whip sped up.
* Fixed Ash Brolliam's bug when using his special on the tank.
* Indiana Brones' gun art changed!
* Made Broniversal Soldier's special cure acid.
* Made bro re-spawn delay longer (it was being decreased once for every player playing... so with 2 players the time was halved... with 4 players it was a quarter).
* Brobocop now shoots more responsibly. He can also target sandworms and bosses.
* Fixed bug where trigger move commands could lock bros in place.
* Fixed game not starting when not logged into Steam.
* Refactored spawn code to fix some online issues.
WEEKEND WORKSHOP BRODOWN COMPETITION
BOOM to all the #WWB creators and players who helped us take the war on terror to places we couldn't have ever imagined. #WWB 0 to #WWB 10 are all in the Broforce Steam Workshop - check them out!
The final #WWB 10 winner is MCBJP with Crowd Control! Congrats on an awesome level bro!
Great use of triggers to tell the story.
Broforce was the 12th highest rated game on Steam at the end of April! Thank you bros for all the love!
Bros, our Daily Development Progress thread on Steam is going to quieten down for the next 2 months. Not because we're slacking off.
Quite the opposite...
We are working on something big. And awesome.
And as much as we'd love to be showing you guys our progress, we really want to keep this a surprise for you! We're super excited, and we know you're going to love it. It'll be worth the wait!
So expect a little less chatter from us for a while - but we'll still keep up with little bits of information like this, once a week, just so you know we're still alive ;)
Right, so onto the stuff we can actually tell you about:
The Mammoth Kopter boss (from City) is now completely controllable with triggers, meaning that people can use the Boss in their custom levels. We're looking forward to seeing some cool levels using him! We've also tweaked the level slightly, and made it slightly harder for those playing on Hard Mode.
Dawid's been working on cinematics. Check out these mooks!
A lot of you were disappointed that the last update didn't bring out a new bro. So we decided to see what we could do about that, and squeezed a little something out of our secret schedule. Here's a sneak peek at a new bro joining the Broforce team around the beginning of next month:
We've postponed WWB10 to close Monday - giving you another week and weekend to get your final levels in!
Competition guidelines HERE>
Trying to make Bronan viable against Sandworms (his shockwave used to ignore them):
Also something long overdue for Bronan...his shockwave now affects turrets (and other terrain-based machines in theory):
Been experimenting with enabling (temporary) friendly fire on thrown mooks. It seems like it'll be interesting (in fairly rare, but hilarious, circumstances):
Suicide terrorists didn't explode after being thrown (unless the drop killed them, or they collided wih another terrorist). The old behaviour had them running back at you as soon as they touched the ground (and that was crap). We're trying to figure out what the delay should be before they explode. Should they explode quickly (about as quickly as the exploding alien Screamers?)...Or should they explode just as they would otherwise stand up (so 1 second after landing on their face):
We've attempted at making the blood partiles look a little jucier. You can see a before and after here:
What do you bros think?
We've improved Brobocop's primary fire. A lot of players hated the way we had reworked his gun. He now has a delay after he fires, rather than before. Most players will still probably never try his charge up, but at least it won't feel ****** when they tap fire. His bullets also spray *slightly* differently. But you can't really tell from the gif. This gif also sort of demonstrates the slightly jucier blood.
We're trying to fix the threat levels...It might only show the correct number on a new World Map campaign though :(
It does seem like there's currently a problem with V-Sync in the game. Disable V-Sync for now if you have performance problems, hopefully we can find a proper fix by the next patch.
WWB 10 "BRO WORLD X"
Dark days have fallen in the world of Broforce. The lands are suffering from a great evil. There are only a few (actually twenty six) heroes who can save the planet. Your theme for the final Weekend Workshop Brodown is: BRO WORLD X!
Build a scripted campaign of three levels, invent plot twists and make your story go down in history! Use triggers, cut scenes, movie references - now is the time to open the veins of your imagination and let your creativity gush forth (within a three level space so don't flood your room with that creative goo). Use the doodads, parallax and backgrounds to create the feel of your story. And go!
THIS IS THE FINAL WWB!! We may open it again, but make this one count!
Add WWB10 in front of your level name. Guidelines and rules for the competition HERE.
Just when you thought you'd eradicated all traces of aliens from otherwise liberty-loving soil, reports confirm to the contrary - THE ALIEN INFESTATION IS SPREADING! New areas are being ravaged, and the enemies are evolving!
This update brings you new levels, new enemies and an exhaustive list of bug fixes (with plenty more fixes still pending)...
Broodworms! Worms erupting from the terrain, spurting facehuggers out their mouths, dripping in acid saliva!
Screechers! Acid filled aliens rush screaming towards you and EXPLODE!
Explosive Eggs! Alien eggs oozing acid!
OTHER NEW STUFF
Boss health bars
As well as maggots...and new Level Editor triggers (quick triggers for aliens, force trigger swap bro / add more specials)
* After completing level 4, camera moves to level 5. Camera stays focused on 5 & only moves to show full map when chopper moves away.
* Level 5 colour differences in chopper in entry screen & in Bro Dredd
* Arcade city level that goes downwards: After killing Satan, the cages aren't breaking
* City level: Rescue chopper comes in from left, when bro is on ladder, it turns right & the bro flies away midair
* User Generated Island sometimes missing
* Elevator boss: Issue with camera following boss while player still able to move
* Goliath mech boss freezes when beaten, won't allow player to move on from end screen
* Mook Kopter AI pattern
* Mooks not scared of aliens at close range
* Area liberated scene now shows aliens
* Killing aliens sometimes leaves red blood on terrain
* Improved alien AI (including Xenomorphs better suspicion & investigation states before fully alert)
* Sandworms now swallow grenades
* Aliens sometimes getting stuck against a high wall
* Facehuggers bugging out when something happens to host (float)
* Thrown facehuggers disappear for a frame
* Reduce facehugger health by 1 (now they are always 1 shot kill always)
* Facehuggers hug cars then bug out
* Xenomorph corner animation
* Reduce Xenomorph health by 1
* Double Bro 7 skipping lazer
* Missing bro crouching with facehugger animation
* Ash Brolliams killing aliens with chainsaw makes his face full of red blood
* Killing aliens with some bro attacks makes them bleed red blood
* Bro Max boomerang taking too long to return
* The Brode's special VS Sandworm
* McBrover satchel packs stick to turrets and sandworms
* Bronan's shockwave now affects turrets & other machine-based terrain
* Saw blade turrets & rocket turrets not getting activated by aliens
* Saw blades only show red blood
* Spike traps making certain bros float when they do specials & knifed mooks floating up when on spike traps
* Spike traps exploding when dropped from underneath
* Knifing terrain no effect (a "ping" and some sparks to illustrate that the bro is having an effect)
* Trigger switch bug with activating
* Quick triggers not working at super check points
* Add option to spawn remote cars from ammo crates (or not)
WEEKEND WORKSHOP BRODOWN COMPETITION
WWB has been some incredible fan-created levels being submitted. It's been rad playing your creations! We are finishing the competition with our last theme next week. All our winners to date have been added to the mysterious User Generated Island, so if you haven't already, go check them out!
THE AWESOME WINNING LEVELS SO FAR:
WWB0 "Michael Bayhem": Mountain Knifeback by Gandalf the Rock Wizard
WWB1 "Temple of Doom": Operation Blackout!!! by V
WWB2 "Die Hard": Elevator Action by Soup Calhoun
WWB3 "Cliffhanger": Mount Brolympus by Elpomos
WWB4 "AcBRObatics": Panic at Razordome by Soup Calhoun
WWB5 "Extreme Underground": Azazel's Rock by V
WWB6 "First Contact": Something in the Sewer by Bookwormbrony
WWB7 "Broscension": Underground Double Towers by Ankon
WWB8 "Chain Broaction": Through the Restless Land by Radiar
WWB9 "Melee Mayhem": CLOSED - Winner to be announced on Friday
Follow THE STEAM DISCUSSION to find out what the 10th and last theme will be!
Evan: We've been working on a couple new enemies. One of them is basically an explosive alien. We felt there weren't enough explosions in the alien levels, so we're doing something about that:
The acid explosions are still work in progress. We've been trying to improve the effectiveness of the acid blood that sticks to terrain. Here's a gif that shows it sticking to the side of some terrain (as well as demonstrating Evan's poor acid dodging ability):
Also I just intergrated Jarred's new animation frames for the mouth pipe thing...
Ruan: Jetpack mooks! (And an exhaustive list of bug fixes...)
WWB 9 is now running! The theme is MELEE MAYHEM! Gather your knives and swords! Bronan, Mr Anderbro, The Brode or Brade - you have the freedom to choose! Cater your level to the strengths/weaknesses of an individual melee bro or use them all!
Our last Weekly Development Progress Report covered 3 - 9 February. On 12 Feb, we hit you guys up with the long awaited Alien Infestation Update... And then we missed a few weekly reports. So here's a catch up of what happened between then and now:
Evan: I spent today trying to fix the frame rate issues on the larger alien levels... They should run smoother now... There's a chance it introduced a bundle of other bugs. I'm going to look into that helicopter fight now.
The 'pain in the ***' helicopter should work now :)
Evan: I'm going to look into jumping off moving platforms now. After that I'm going to try adding some quick triggers to have aliens climb out of holes in the floor or ceiling. I think aliens swarming through tunnels is where aliens are at their most fun... Unless I'm mistaken about that? I think the most fun level in the new aliens campaign is the one where all the purple xenomorphs climb down from the left and right and then the level ends with a sandworm fight. What do you bros think about that level?
Rich: Just did an update patch with some fixes. General fixes include propane sound bug; jumping off machine blocks; added quick trigger to spawn facehuggers. Online fixes include lobby UI bugs; entering Alien Suction System (ASSmouth) synced; RC car not turning around; Goliath boss damage now properly networked; entering mech mook properly synced; and some AI popping issues. It's only on the beta branch at the moment. I'll set it live just now after some testing. I also created a thread for suggesting ways to improve player communication online.
Evan: I'm busy working on a couple of new enemies. We want to make the big retreating alien boss more challenging, so I'm building some enemies that might synergize well with her. I'll post some pictures when an artist has had a go at them. @PlaguedFrost... I don't think we'll ever build a Matrix specific environment... but... at some point we'll want to make the level editor more powerful, so there is a chance that some-one else could make something like that. Satanic agents might be fun enemies to implement (but then so are a lot of other enemy possibilities).
Evan: I'm pretty keen to implement an extra hard challenge mode version of the game where you only get as many lives as the bros you unlock, and each time a bro dies that bro dies forever... I think that'd be badass (kind of what @Pretentieux suggested).
Ruan: I'm busy adding health bars for bosses. They'll get some art-love before they are released, hopefully.
GDC 2 - 6 MARCH
Our team bravely undertook the two days' travel to get to the golden U S of A to level up our skills at this year's Game Developers Conference. A long but rewarding week of talks, workshops, sessions and networking.
PAX EAST 6 - 8 MARCH
On the other side of the continent, we presented Broforce to the press and gaming community at large. Great to meet new fans!
We'll be doing a second installment to Alien Infestation at the beginning of next month (April), adding a bit more content and more levels. Here's a wrap up of what the team is currently tackling:
Ruan: I'm still fine tuning the alien pathing and AI because frankly it's kind of crap in the build that's up right now!
Dawid: Behold! A Wild Satan appears!
Richard: Thanks for all the input into improving the systems for communication with each other online. I'm going to implement a version of the Daisy Wheel for chatting and have a radial gesture/taunt select. Each gesture will have a little character animation and a couple of voice over variants.
Also... SANDWORMS CAN NOW CATCH GRENADES WITH THEIR MOUTHS:
Filip: Working on a new type of mook, rocket jetpack!
WEEKEND WORKSHOP BRODOWN COMPETITION:
#WWB6 "First Contact" Winner was Bookwormbrony with SOMETHING IN THE SEWER!
3WWB7 "Broscension" Winner was Ankon with UNDERGROUND DOUBLE TOWERS...OF BROOM! Really well mapped out level and it uses a lot of awesome background art!
#WWB8 is live - and the theme is CHAIN BROACTION! Chain reactions are your conquest, make them and make them go BOOOOOOOOOOM!
Find all the winning WWB levels to date on the mysterious User Generated Island on World Map. New to the competition? Check out this sweet level editor guide to get you started. Competition details HERE.